Chicago Permits

CDOT – Chicago Department of Transportation

The Department of Transportation’s Public Right of Way Permit office is responsible for issuing permits for the use or opening of the public right of way.

The permit office is open weekdays (excluding holidays) between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM and is located at:

City Hall – Room 905

121 North La Salle Street

Tel: 312-744-4652 Fax: 312-744-4627

CDOT – Notification of Public Assembly

CDOT – Application for a Parade Using the Public Way

Permit to Reserve Space on Daley Plaza or Lobby

The application must be filed with the Office of the Building, MB Real Estate Services, LLC Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Suite 1203, Chicago, Illinois 60602-1317.

Application for Permit to Reserve Space on Plaza or Lobby

Chicago Park District Permits

Special Events Permit

A Special Event Permit is required if your gathering has any of the following elements:
·         50 or more participants

·         Use of amplified sound

·         Any advertising or sponsorship activities

·         Selling and/or distributing food, goods or merchandise (this includes exercise classes or boot camps)

·         Liquor

·         Tents

·         Inflatables

·         Stages

·         Walk/Run Route

·         Specific location reservations

Tent Permit Process

Many times throughout the year, community and entertainment events rely on tents and other temporary structures for short-term shelter. The City of Chicago allows tents to be erected, but there are restrictions and requirements for these structures. Depending on the size of the structure, this may include receiving a permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment