Worldwide Lyme Disease Awareness Protest
Over twenty countries and several states all to protest on
May 10th & 11th, 2013
1. Lyme patients from all over the world feel they are being ignored and even being denied treatment for tick borne illnesses such as Lyme Disease, Babesia, Erlichisois, Ricksettia and Bartonella.
2. Demands are being made for accurate testing, proper treatments, and admittance that Chronic Lyme Disease is real, serious and potentially fatal.
3. Patients want to know why the IDSA is being used by the CDC for their guidelines in the treatment of Lyme Disease even after Attorney General Blumenthal's investigation found them biased and the guidelines flawed.
4. Lyme patients are asking that the healthcare community be better educated in order to effectively diagnose and treat patients with Chronic Lyme Disease.
5. Lyme patients are stating that independent funding for medical research into Lyme Disease testing and treatment are needed.
6. Several states and over twenty countries will be protesting including: Germany, Austria, Canada, UK, Switzerland, France, US, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Australia, Iceland, Finland, The Netherlands, Ireland, Sweden, South Africa, Spain, Romania and the Faroe Islands.
7. There will be protests, rallies, letter writing campaigns, a phone calling campaign, live petitions and Ribbons Across America.
For more info please visit:
Chicago Area Additions
1. Focus on educating 80% of people currently suffering from chronic lyme disease that do not now realize, that is what is wrong with them? i.e. currently misdiagnosed or suffering in silence because nobody believes them
2. Note that there are two viewpoints: IDSA and ILADS. We are primarily the fallout from the IDSA guidelines that did not work for us
3. In parallel have as many Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts involved in Lyme Disease Awareness and Early Prevention. Have them spread the word.
4. Protest Chicago Tribune for biased article on Chronic Lyme Disease: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-12-08/health/ct-met-chronic-lyme-disease-20101207_1_lyme-disease-raxlen-medical-boards i.e. Chronic Lyme Disease does not exist. Get as much media support as possible that is at least open to understanding the opposite view: Chronic Lyme does exist. Chicago Tribune location would be the one place we would get a bit excited and fervent in our message that we represent and are those chronically ill Lyme Patients.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.